Useful Information from Quote to Cash:
Broaden your Understanding
At Quote to Cash, our goal is to provide comprehensive financial management counseling to our clients. We encourage you to browse the Articles of Interest and Useful Links below to broaden your understanding of finance and credit issues. Also, visit our Current Happenings section to learn how you can enroll in a comprehensive course in International Credit and Risk Management led by Paul Beretz
Articles of Interest
The articles below contain helpful tips and information to help you gain a deeper understanding of financial issues that may affect your business.
- A New Year and a Few Thoughts
- Credit And Collections Professionals Are Sales People Too
- Don’t Fall Prey To Doublespeak
- Fraud: When The Unbelievable Happens
- How To Prepare For A Systems Application Installation or Upgrade
- International Skills: Don’t Leave Home Without Them
- It Isn’t Just The Four C’s of Credit Anymore
- It’s That Time Of Year Again…
- Make Success A Habit
- Stop, Look and Listen! Expert Advice on Doing Business in the Pac Rim
- Take The Holistic Approach To Improve Collection Performance
- The Case of the Disappearing Profits
- We All Have The Same 24 Hours
- Your Future, It Is Time To Plan And Time To Act
We invite you to visit our business partners and associates to bring added value to your business.
DataServ offers a Document-centric™ Solution designed to meet the document management needs of the Accounts Receivable (AR) function.
Current Happenings: FCIB Online Course in International Credit and Risk Management
Designed with you, the practitioner in mind, this comprehensive, in-depth course will provide you with the knowledge and hands-on experience to better understand manage and mitigate the credit risks associated with doing business internationally. Paul Beretz, Managing Director of Pacific Business Solutions, a Q2C partner, has been instrumental in developing the course and is the project manager and lead instructor for the program.
The course consists of twelve (12) modules and will be conducted over a thirteen (13) week period. Some of the topics that will be covered across the twelve (12) modules include:
- The Credit Department – export credit policies and procedures, export credit applications, financial statement analysis, credit lines/limits, credit scoring
- International Risk Assessment – risks/rewards in international credit, evaluation and identifying risk characteristics, terms of payment – what, how and why
- Letters of Credit
- Foreign Exchange
- Risk Mitigation – export credit insurance
- International Trade and The Law
- Structured Trade Finance – financing techniques, risk sharing with banks, security and recovery
- Cash and Treasury Management
- International Accounts Receivables – reporting, monitoring and forecasting
- And more!
This is a cohort model online course – meaning it is instructor led, with a great deal of peer-to-peer interaction. You won’t feel isolated. You will work in a collaborative learning environment. Various activities and regular communication with classmates and the instructor via Discussion Board, Live Chat and Email are vital elements of this online course. You will leave with knowledge in the field of International Credit Management and with a network of fellow professionals you can rely on. And FCIB will always be there for you.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will have the opportunity to take a certification exam and be awarded the CICP professional designation – Certified International Credit Professional (CICP). The certification exam must be taken within thirty (30) days from the end of the course.
Successful completion of the course requires the following:
- Completion of all course assignments
- Regular participation in course discussions
- Earning 75% or higher on module tests
- Completing the online course evaluation at the end of the thirteen (13) weeks.
We realize that you are working professionals with busy travel schedules and circumstances may prevent you from participating in all discussions.
We expect you to do your best. Students who fail to participate in at least 80% of the discussions will need a waiver from the instructor in order to sit for the certification exam. The pricing of the course is under review, with expectations that it will cost under $1,000 per student. As a course participant, you should expect to spend about 5 to 7 hours per week to complete the course module and assignments. Motivation, commitment, good time management skills and self-discipline are required to succeed in an online course.